Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Secret Pal 10 questionaire

  1. What is/ are your favorite yarn/s to kint with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
  • Any natural fibers but mostly wool. I currently love superwash merino like mission falls 1824. I love cascade 220 for felting. The only fiber I am allergic to is acrylic. I do not enjoy the feel of it as I knit.

2. What do you use to store your needles/ hooks in?

  • Straights in a needle roll, circulars in a plastic storage tote, and dpns in a plastic pencil case

3. How long have you been knitting and how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to beginner, intermediate or advanced?

  • I learned to knit at age 10 or 11 from my Grandma Aileen. Up until 6 years ago I only made dishcloths but I was inspired by a knit out event to learn more. I am now an intermediate knitter. If I would allow myself to take more risks I could move up to advanced.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wishlist?

  • No

5. What's your favorite scent?

  • I love coconut or anything tropical.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?

  • I have a BIG sweet tooth. I love dark chocolate.

7. What other crafts or do-it -yourself do you like to do? Do you spin?

  • I do a lot of kids crafts with my 3 girls. Currently beading is their favorite. I sew a little bit. I really want to learn to spin but have no idea where to start.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/ stereo play MP's?

  • I like most music except for heavy metal and rap. Country, R&B and top 40 are currently on my playlists. I can play mp3's.

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you can''t stand?

  • I have always been fond of blues but lately I have been straying more towards pinks and greens. I like all colors.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have pets?

  • I am a single mother (divorced) of 3 daughters, ages 4 years, 5 years and 6 years. I work full time (12 hour shifts) as a certified surgical technologist at a level 1 trauma center. We have no pets as we have no time for them.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?

  • With our Michigan winters scarves hats and mittens are a definate yes. I have never wore a poncho in my life.

12. What is are your favorite item/s to knit?

  • Currently socks but felted purses come in second to mittens.

13. What are you knitting right now?

  • The clementine shawlette from the new interweave knits and socks with blue moon socks that rock

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?

  • of course

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?

  • Depends on the project. Bamboo is usally my favorite but I just broke down and bought addi turbo's for socks on two circs and I LOVE them. Previously I knit socks on my brittany birchs which I loved but this is even better.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/ or swift?

  • No but I desperatly want both. But if I had to choose one I would take the swift first so I don't have to bribe my kids to hold the hank while I wind.

1 comment:

Montreal Mama said...

Hi Kelly - your hostess here for SP10. Can you please finish answering the rest of the questions for your questionnaire, it's missing some info! THANKS.
THere should be 23 questions!