Saturday, April 7, 2007

Look what I got!!


After going grocery shopping this morning the girls and I went to get the mail. (We have a central mailbox location for our mobile home park) As I was returning to the car all three of them exclaimed "We got a package!!" I don't know who was more excited, them or me! I told them Mom got a package but they were pleasantly surprised when we opened it up to find that they got something as well.

Thank you Supersock for all of the wonderful presents. I love the blue of the trexxing. I think I already know what pattern to use with it. I feel like you must know me very well or we must have similar tastes. The varigated cotton is one that I have used many times because I love the fresh colors. I plan to knit the bunny washcloth tonight to take to my mother for Easter tomorrow.

Chocolates, coffee (alcohol flavored at that) and tea are all treats I like. I will have to keep the lotion away from my girls if I want to use it myself. They love the smell, too. The girls say thank you for the jellybean eggs and egg laying chicken.

I actually own A Good Yarn by Debbie Macomber. I think I will re-read it an pass it along to my pal. If you have not read he other book A Shop on Blossom Street I will send it to you. It is the beginning of the whole story as to how the shop got started. In away the book held a personnal message for me. Like the character Bethanne, knitting helped me deal with the stress of divorce and becoming a single parent.

Today was also egg coloring day. I know have fingers of assorted colors. It was loads of fun. We dyed about 3 dozen eggs. We also used leftover dye to paint coffee filters. They look very cool. Now that they are dry we have to figure out what to do with them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am glad that you liked the presents. I search for deals so that I can buy more for you. :) I thought it would help to get them excited and into the whole SP thing by including them. I am also glad that you could share with your mom. My mom loves the washcloths. That reminds me, I need to make her some more.

I am not sure how the coffee will taste, but it was such a deal that I took a risk. :) Let me know how it tastes.

Yes, please pass on the book. I like doing that because it is cheaper than all of us going out and buying new books and letting them go to waste with one read, and no pressure for you to return it to the library. :)

I am going on a yarn store crawl and to a big fiber festival in the next month, so I will be keeping you in mind that I can buy gifts for you! :)

- Supersock