Saturday, April 14, 2007

SP10 Contest #3



It took me a while to choose least favorite project that I actually completed, but it only took a few minutes to choose my most favorite. My most favorite project would have to be my very first pair of socks. They were the begining of it all for me. I fell in love with making socks. I have very much evolved since this first pair of plain vanilla socks. I wish that I had photos of all of the socks that I have made but never thought it was important to photograph them before gifting them away.

My least favorite project was this hat that I knit about 4 years ago for my daughter. At that time she was 2 years old. She is now 6 and as you can see the hat is wide enough to fit her head but not long enough. At the time when she was 2 it was long enough to fit her head but waaaaaay to wide. I guess that's what you get for not checking your gauge. I kept telling myself it's just a hat so gauge is not important. Who knew! (Also this was one of my first foray's into stripes in the round and I did not know about avoiding color jogs)

I really don't feel much like knitting today as this week is really catching up with me. I feel like I am whinning about a job that I really love but sometimes it can get stressful. I am praying that tomorrow is a slow day. Sundays are reserved for emergent / trauma cases but that doesn't mean anything for how busy we will be. The last Sunday I worked we ran two rooms all day long.

For the rest of today I think I will help my 6 year old knit a scarf for her american girl doll and sew some sock bags. I am going to use the basic concept of my knowknits bag and make some like that for other small projects so I don't have to keep switching my projects out when I want to take something different with me.

No comments: