Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Stash assesment

I truely did not realize how large my stash has grown until today. I bought some of the ziploc big bags (the 10 gallon size) and was going to sort yarn to put away. I started gathering up just sock yarn and was shocked that I have enought for at least 20 pairs of socks. I don't know if I want to dive into the rest of the stash or not. But it needs to be done. My closet is running over! I have organized a few other rooms / cabinets and my stash will soon have a new home.

As for knitting news, I started yet another project. I cast on for a pair of draw string baby pants from lmkg (wait, I think I posted about this previously, oh well) I now have both legs done and will join them tonight before going to bed. I hope to finish them tomorrow as I have another day off. Yeah! My little girls are having a play date as there is no school for kindergarden and my oldest will be going home after school with one of her friends. So I will have 4 girls in my house tomorrow 2 four year olds and two 5 year olds. Lord help me. I can forsee very little getting done around here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are not kidding. I think I now have enough for 40 pairs of socks. No kidding. The reason being is that every time I travel, I visit yarn stores and buy my sock yarn as a tourist buys cheesy t-shirts. :) I figure I get more joy out of yarn than a t-shirt. I joined the Lime N Violet sock marathon, but I can't knit fast enough to make a dent!

I guess this is why I call myself Supersock. :P